- This event has passed.
Tarawih Trail Half-Marathon & 10km 1440 + Full Moon Hike
May 17 @ 22:00 - 23:55
Get ready for our 4th installment of our annual Hejaz Ultra Tarawih Half-Marathon 1440H:
On Friday, May 17th, we're back on our infamous 10km “Donut Loop” in our Hejaz Trails for a special race close to our hearts, for the pleasure of Runners and Hikers alike.
Runners will be able to select two distances:
- 21.1km Half-Marathon (two loops )
- 10km ( one loop )
Hikers & Trekkers will be able to select:
- 7km ( out-and-back on part of the loop)
- 10km ( one loop )
As you guessed from the name of the event, we always start the Race after Tarawih Prayer which is 22:15 ( 10:15PM ) We will have a cutoff time for the Half-Marathon of 3 hours and for the 10km 2hours.
This Ramadan we are collaborating with Al Oula Society. This remains in Hejaz Ultra tradition to give back to the community. Our partnership with Al Oula for this event is only the start.
Al Oula's commitment to our community remains strong in helping families break the cycle of poverty, with a strategy based on early intervention through educational, professional and physical training and three Goals:
- Improving quality of life.
- Developing 21st century skills
- Enhancing physical fitness
Al Oula representatives will be present with us on the night of the event and will be happy to talk to you and directly collect donations, big or small.
For more information please visit Al Oula website http://oula.org.sa .
Bring torches ( you can lease one from us): The course will be marked by flags and there should be some light along the course to guide you, but not enough to make it safe to run/walk without additional lighting.
There will be water stops and fruit stops allowing to refill your hydration bag/ water bottles before you start a new lap.
Make sure you have snacks with you.
A few volunteers will be needed to set up the Tarawih praying area and the Flags/ Lights on the course before the race. Please let us know at info@HejazUltra.org if you are available.
- A small backpack (or hydration pack ) with 1 litre of water per person minimum will be required ( we will bring 5xGallons bottles of water to refill your hydration pack. we will not provide plastic bottles. You should ideally come with your hydration pack filled up). Snacks recommended.
- A head torch ( or hand torch ) with RED LIGHT mode for HIKERS and WHITE LIGHT for RUNNERS. Hikers will not be allowed to start the hike if your torch doesn’t have a RedLight mode or if it is not covered by RED electrical tape. The Red Light helps preserve your night vision and will make the hike more enjoyable for all. 100 Head Torches with RedLight are available for lease from the organizers at the time or registration. Just to be clear: WHITE LIGHT Head Torch will NOT be able to join the HIKING group. We will check. Runners will need a Head Torch. No Exceptions !!!
- Reaching the start is AT LEAST 1 hour drive. Please plan accordingly. You will be requested to arrive early to collect the head torch if you lease one from us.
- You should fill up your tank in the afternoon to avoid post-iftar chaos at the gas station.
Notes regarding the Leased Head Torches:
- The lease for the Head Torch is 8 SAR ( so it will cost 22 to take part + 8 to lease = 30 SAR)
- In our Full Moon September event, we were not able to meet the demand for Leased Head Torches. We bought more than the dozen initially purchased but still were short. We bought another dozen for the October Full Moon. and still, we were not able to meet the demand. We have now bought YET ANOTHER 12 in November, and 24 more for Tarwih 1440. Will we have enough? We hope not :-p
- If you don’t want to be disappointed, book early!
- Your Head Torch will only be confirmed upon receiving your payment. In short, paying by Credit Card will guarantee you a Head-Torch if available. We will however only lock your Head-Torch if you pay by Bank Transfer upon reception of the funds.
- 22 SAR if you Bring Your Own HeadTorch with a RedLight Mode.
- 30 SAR if you want to LEASE a HeadTorch with a RedLight Mode.
Note: Mobile phone reception is spotty at best.
Hejaz Ploggers and Hejaz Athletic Vision group will be joining us for the event as well, still in the spirit of giving back to the Community and preserving our environment for the generations to come!