- This event has passed.
06 July 2018 @ 04:30 - 07 July 2018 @ 22:30 +03Free
Shafa2Okaz – update v1.1
04:30AM Meet at Hardee’s near the Flag on Andalus St.
04:45AM Depart to Ash Shafa.
06:45AM Reach the START location.
07:00AM Start the Hike. Note: there is NO phone signal (not even voice) in the valley. From 07:00 till 10:30 you will be disconnected from the interweb :-p
10:30AM Reach the FINISH.
10:30AM – 11:30AM OPTIONAL 10km downhill run on the road back to the Start. (You can wait for the car to come and pick you up. If you are one of the drivers, we’ll drive you back down)
01:00PM Head toward Lunch in Taif at a restaurant
03:30PM Head toward Souq Okaz
04:00PM – 08:00PM Spend time in the various activities at Souq Okaz plus dinner
8:00PM Head toward Camp in Al Hada
9:00PM Reach Camp. Note: pitching the tent at night so a flashlight or a headtorch are needed.
06:00AM wake up + breakfast + take down the tent.
07:00AM Start hike in the Al Hada near camp.
10:30AM Finish hike back at base camp and head toward Jeddah
Ash Shafa Hike notes:
- Difficulty level: HARD. You need to be fit to be able to make it to the FINISH in the allotted time.
- The GPS KMZ file will be emailed to registered participants. you will want to upload to your Garmin and/or to your phone APP Maps.me ( you must pre-load that while you have data signal … not Friday AM as there will be no signal) !!! )
- What to bring:
- 2L MINIMUM water ( backpack is ok if you don’t have a CamelBak).
- Trail running shoes or hiking shoes if you have. It is rocky. Your gym shoes won’t really do the trick on this hike… (If you want to run down, consider what shoes to wear for the climb)
- GPS watch and/or phone with sufficient battery for navigation.
Camping + Saturday morning Hike notes:
- Tent/inflatable mattress (a PUMP if you are a smoker 🙂 ) / plastic mat under the tent / a torch / hammer / regular camping gear
- Water to “shower” or at least freshen up/ toilet paper
- Food/Snacks to share at the camp
- Battery pack to charge your phone / GPS watch
- Change of cloth for Al Hada hike on Saturday
- More Water/snacks (bring sufficient water/snacks for Saturday morning Hike).
( details & updates will be sent by email to registered participants )
You can opt-out from certain events, but you must not be navigation-impaired if you decide to do so. We won’t drive around to go and get you.
When you RSVP, please set the number of attendees to ONE.