- This event has passed.
December Full Moon Hike
21 December 2018 @ 20:00 - 23:30 +03Free – $30
December Full Moon Hike
Join the fourth installment of our new Full Moon Hiking Series.
Since September 2018, we ‘re going hiking under the Moonlight, once a month, as close as possible to the Full Moon.
On December 21st, 2018, we will hike about 1h 20 minutes away from central Jeddah – the exact location will be shared with registered participants. ( The December Hike is in a completely different location than the September and October Hike!)
We will have TWO groups:
- GREENgroup: 6.55km – D+ 61m incline – IBP Index: 20
- BLUEgroup: 11km – D+ 138m incline – IBP Index: 29
As a reference, here are some previous hikes IBP indexes:
- GREENgroup: September Full Moon – IBP Index: 25
- GREENgroup: November 7.5km – D+ 140m incline – IBP Index: 26
- Allgroup: October Full Moon – IBP Index: 27
- BLUEgroup: September Full Moon – IBP Index: 32
- BLUEgroup: One Peak (Jabal Serr) – IBP Index: 69
- REDgroup: TWO Peaks (Jabal Daf) – IBP Index: 92 )
- The BLUEgroup will do a figure of 8 bu doing first a 4.5km loop and then join the GREENgroup on their loop and try to catch up. There is hardly any incline on so the BLUEgroup will have a fast pace hike.
- You must manage your own transport. We will leave Jeddah a little bit earlier than for our previous hikes as it is a touch further out of town.
- A small backpack (or hydration pack ) with 1 liter of water per person minimum will be required ( not provided by the Organizers). Snacks optional.
- A head torch ( or hand torch ) with RED LIGHT mode. you will not be allowed to start the hike if your torch doesn’t have a RedLight mode. The Red Light helps preserve your night vision and will make the hike more enjoyable for all. 40 Head Torches with RedLight are available for lease from the organizers at the time or registration. Just to be clear: WHITE LIGHT Head Torch will NOT be able to join the group. We will check.
- If you want to BBQ and/or Camp you need to bring your own food, cooking and camping gear.
Notes regarding the Leased Head Torches:
- The lease for the Head Torch is 8 SAR ( so it will cost 22 to take part + 8 to lease = 30 SAR)
- in our Full Moon September event, we were not able to meet the demand for Leased Head Torches. We bought more than the dozen initially purchased but still were short. We bought another dozen for the October Full Moon. and still, we were not able to meet the demand. With an additional dozen in November we had to close registration early as we ran out of head torches.
- If you don’t want to be disappointed, book early!
- your Head Torch will only be confirmed upon receiving your payment. In short, paying by Credit Card will guarantee you a Head-Torch if available. We will however only lock your Head-Torch if you pay by Bank Transfer upon reception of the funds. The same applies to Cash Payment on Pick-Up ( where you will be asked to meet us BEFORE the event to pay ). Selecting Cash On Delivery ( Pay on the Day) is likely to lead to disappointment if you need a Head-Torch. You’ve been warned!
- If the LEASED head torch option is sold out, please do NOT register for the BYO until AFTER you have purchased a headtorch. There will be no refund if you don’t find the head torch with a RED light !.
- 22 SAR if you Bring Your Own HeadTorch with a RedLight Mode.
- 30 SAR if you want to LEASE a HeadTorch with a RedLight Mode. ( it is NOT 22+30 … it is 22+8 = 30 )